Sunday 17 April 2011

Transition

I did nothing for the whole week after Connemara - I didn't even ice my calf - i'm lazy when it comes to things like that. I did give it a rub of the foam roller which helped loosen some of the knotted tender muscle fibres.
.
My active recovery began today with an easy paced cycle around the hilly loop to Crossbarry followed by a 2 mile run and while my calf was a bit tight it did not hurt and the distance was short.
.
A big congratulations to Thomas on getting his well deserved sub-3hour marathon in Vienna this morning and to Rick on his 2:49 result in London and best of luck to clubmate Colin and Jamie running Boston tomorrow.
Sunday 17th April
2.13 miles @ 7:52 pace & 135HR.
.
Recovery Week #1 (Run 2.1 miles, Bike 21.3 miles, Swim 1 km)
.
.

2 comments:

  1. looks like a perfectly normal weeks running to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when and where is you sub 3 going to happen Grellan? Thomas must have you thinking!

    ReplyDelete