Wednesday 31 December 2008

2,440 Miles

I ran 27 miles less in 2008 than in 2007 (2,440 versus 2,467) but some of those miles were of a better quality particularly over the middle distance races. My 3 best results for the year were the HM in September, 10k in April and 10 miles in March. It easy to see from my yearly mileage breakdown that these races coincided with the high mileage months. My year was also beset with injury before my 2 marathons in June and October where I lost a total of 6 weeks training at a crucial time - all due to peaking too early. No regrets though I'll take PB's no matter what distance they are over. Happy New Year to All!!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    That 10k improvement is rather spectacular.

    Here's to a good 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Grellan!

    2008 was an excellent year for you. I hope the improvement trend continues in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great year Grellan. That's a lot of PRs.

    Looking forward to reading about your progress in '09.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Good luck with all your racing and training in 2009! Hopefully it will be a year free from injury and full of PR's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's to many more p.b.s in 2009 and happy running and good health!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you beat my mileage for the year. A fit and healthy Grellan will smash that marathon time in 2009.

    Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you doubled my mileage...just as well I only race up to HM's!! nice series of times and well done.

    Happy running in 2009.

    ReplyDelete