Friday 11 January 2008

Budweiser 12 Guinness 6

Pretty much standard close to the week on the running front. My left side did experience a few slight traumas that did niggle a bit. Following Tuesdays barefoot run the ligaments on the top of my left foot are tender (not enough to stop running) and today during my first mile pace rep I felt a slight twinge in my left glute/hamstring (again nothing of grave concern). . Week 4 on my programme is a "Recovery Week" so the number of hill reps on Wednesday were reduced to 5 x 60 secs @ mile pace which I completed at a comfortably hard "mile effort" pace instead (probably a minute down on mile pace - 06:30/40) to ensure I finished them and had enough in the bag to toddle home. . An easy 6.7 miles yesterday and a fartlek run with 5 x 60 secs at mile pace this morning was my lot. This time I pushed it a little during the reps getting down to 05:15 pace for 2 of them (ok so there was a slight downhill assistance). . A return to the gym this week after a 2 week absence got me another 5 miles on the treadmill and 2k swimming. . A bit of clearing up after the Christmas holidays was called for this evening as Abina could no longer stand the sight of the tree - can't blame her on that front, it's nearly mid-January. I just polished off a bottle of bud to help clear out the fridge also - at this rate I'll be done by June. 12 bud and 6 guinness to go. I'll have to have friends over. . Wed 9th - 8.0 miles in 01:09:17 (08:40 pace @ 134 HR) with 5 x 60 sec hills. 2.5 miles in 00:19:45 (07:53 pace @ 137 HR) -Treadmill Thu 10th - 6.7 miles in 00:56:23 (08:25 pace @ 129 HR) Fri 11th - 8.6 miles in 01:07:47 (07:53 pace @ 145 HR) with 5 x 60 secs @ mile pace. 2.5 miles in 00:19:45 (07:53 pace @ ???HR) -Treadmill

5 comments:

  1. That's a good cutback week but you've got to show some more effort using those elbows. I would have expected a higher ratio of Guinness but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for you Grellan - Bud is one of the worst beers I've ever tried. You need to get something decent in the fridge, like Moose Drool or Boags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you drink 12 Buds and 6 Guinness you will definitely need an entire week to recover.

    Actually, if you voluntarily drink 12 Buds you need you tastebuds scrubbed, or your head examined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are serving Bud, you might want to reconsider inviting friends over...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know Bud was that bad. The Guinness was for me and the bud for the Guests, no wonder there weren't that many.

    ReplyDelete