Saturday 21 July 2007

Return to Long Runs

Today was my longest run since the Cork Marathon on 4th June. I did 17.1 miles on a route I use quite frequently in and around the western surburbs of Cork City - all footpaths and reasonably flat (for the first 7.5 miles at least). I was trying to keep a steady effort at a heart rate of 135 bpm, but it did manage to increase above 140 bpm at times to give an average for the run of 137bpm. With a time of 2:19, the average pace was 8:07minutes per mile which I am happy with for that level of effort. Joints slightly stiff afterwards, time to get new shoes as the pair I have have clocked up at least 500 miles. Saturday is a busy day in our household as Abina generally has work & I do the weekly shopping and takes the kids to their swimming and horse-riding lessons so I headed out on my run reasonably early at 0800hrs. Also managed to get into town to pick up a new pair of Asics Gel Nimbus.

No comments:

Post a Comment