Thursday 8 December 2011

Ready, Willing and.................

..............we'll see.
.
Since Dublin the motivation has understandably waned. Clon, which was my 2011 target marathon, has been relegated to an end of season fun race. I am still looking forward to it as it is a scenic course with plenty of challenging climbs, although I doubt i'll put in the same effort as I did for Dublin. Subconsciously I have eased up on the discipline - for starters I am 2.5 kg heavier that I was before Dublin as my body replenishes its stores of fat in preparation for winter. On the plus side there is no pressure and while I want to enjoy the experience I also want to see what I can do on a hilly course. Sub 3:10 is my A Standard - ideally break my pre-Dublin PB of 3:08:58, but if things get too difficult I won't be going out on a limb to chase it.
.
The forecast for Saturday is quite good with the temperature just above freezing, the wind easing and the rain giving way to sunshine - perfect for sightseeing.
.
.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy the after Dublin glow and the west Cork sightseeing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow.

    I saw you on the railway line last saturday morning but try as I might I was never going to catch up with you (you were about 300m ahead and I only had about a mile - in my defence ;-))
    You looked pretty comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Westley.

    Richard, Saturday morning - I had joined someone for a light tempo run after running from CUH into town to collect my car, following a night on the beer (only the one mind)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Grellan will see ya at some stage below...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun lugging that extra 2.5 kgs up and down those hills ;) Freezing? It's been cold here too - our coldest start to summer for 51 years. Temp yet to go above a mild 25C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mild 25, I'd pass out at that temperature Ewen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mild 25, I'd pass out at that temperature Ewen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just ahead of Seamus, your buddy Thomas - although I passed him at mile 20. He's like an old dog that refuses to die ;)

    ReplyDelete